MDi Series is a solution from RAM Audio for fixed installations, where state-of-the-art amplification technology is used to manage acoustic systems in the most efficient and greenest way possible, without diminishing quality of sound and dynamics that have always typified RAM Audio amplifiers.
A new generation of QuantaPulseTM switching mode power supplies with Power Factor Correction (PFC) to improve efficiency, with a schematic thought to give a very high capacity of instantaneous power, together with very evolved high efficiency audio modules in class D with an excellent quality of sound, are the basis on which RAM Audio developed this series that is capable of offering the most optimal solution to the very exigent fixed-installations market.
• Hi audio quality in an extremely efficient class D design
• Last generation PFC QuantaPulse™ switch mode PS
• 2/4/8 channels models from 1400W up to 12000W
• 70V/100V Line Direct/Drive Output
• Ultra light average weight 8 kg, compact package 32 cm average deep
• RAM Audio Power Management System (PMS™) and Clip Limiter (ICL™)
• Upside-down design to avoid fan dust accumulation
• Two versiones: with Industry standard Barrier Strips and Phoenix connectors, or with standard Neutrik® XLR and Speakon® connectors
• Optional Dante Domain Manager™ (DDM)/AES67 audio inputs (not available in MDi amps with XLR and Speakon connectors)
• Optional GPI for audio mute
• Detented sealed potentiometers
• Optionally tamper proof potentiometers
• Comprehensive protection set (ICL, PMS, turn-on, Temp, DC….)
• Modular construction for an easy after-sales service
• Temperature controlled, front to back cooling fan
• Universal power supply (from 90V to 265V AC) in models: MDi2-6K, MDi4-6K, MDi4-12K and MDi8-6K
• ICL2™: improved Intelligent Clip Limiting
• PMS™: Power Management System controls the amount of power that the amp delivers under diferent circumstances
• Faulty Channel Management (FCM™)
• Soft-start, turn-on transients, Over-heating, DC, RF, short-circuit
• Overloaded power supply, Mains sub/over voltage
|Bridge 8 ohm||1x1400W||–||–||2x1220W||–||–||4x680W||4x1500W|
|Frequency Response (pow. bandw. ±0.25dB)||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz)||<0.05%|
|Intermodulation Distortion (SMPTE)||<0.05%|
|Damping Factor (20Hz-500Hz @8ohm)||>400|
|Crosstalk (20Hz-1kHz), typical||>70dB|
|Signal to noise ratio||101dB||103dB||104dB||105dB||101dB||103dB||104dB||104dB|
|Operat. Voltage (50Hz-60Hz)||170V-265V AC
|90V-265V AC||170V-265V AC
|90V-265V AC||170V-265V AC
|Power On Idling (@230V)||0.5 A|
|1/8 rated pow. (@4 Ohm)||1.8A||4A||4.5A||3.2A||4.5A||9A||4A||4.5A|
|Dimensions (WxHxD) mm-in||483x89x269-19×3.5×10.6||483x89x396-19×3.5×15.5|
Proteccions: Soft-start, Turn-on Turn-off transients, Muting at turn-on, Over-heating, DC, RF, Short-circuit, Open or mismatched loads, Overloaded power supply, ICL™, PMS™ and SSP™.
• Dante Domain Manager™ (DDM)/AES67 audio inputs: 4 inputs channels of Dante™ can be installed in the MDi Series (not available in amps with XLR and Speakon connectors). Sampling frequency can be configured as 48, 96 or 192 kHz. Audio format is Dante Audio over IP and AES67. Two RJ45 connectors are configurable as 1 GHz/100 MHz for Primary/Secondary network, or standard switch. Dante Domain Manager compatible.
• GPI for audio mute: mutes the audio output of all channels to integrate the MDi amplifier in an alarm system.