RAM Audio professional touring amplifiers based on the field proven QuantaPulse™ Technology: V Series / W Series (with only aesthetic differences).
These devices feature two or four channel models, ready for rough handling in the touring world. For this purpose, V/W Series amps implement oversized high efficiency regulated power supply with PFC front end to deliver their full performances independently of mains status.
This together with oversized high efficiency audio power stage, forced front to back cooling through a component-free path with removable front panel dust filters, improved rugged mechanical design with even weight distribution, full digital control from LCD display on the front panel… Resulting in: just power, reliability and robustness for your touring gigs!
• PFC QuantaPulse™ Regulated Dual SMPS
• Digital Control with extra large LCD display user interface
• Channel Temperature and Output Level Monitor in the LCD
• USB port for firmware update and DSP control
• 25 position Gain, Bridge mode, Input Links and ICL, front panel configurable
• Digital Potentiometers with Encoder control
• RAM Audio Power Management System
• Hi Efficiency, Heavy Duty Audio Power section for extreme use
• Easily removable front panel dust filters
• Efficient front to back cooling
• Optional low latency 24bits high performance FIR DSP with post-DSP signal links and Ethernet control. More info…
• Optional RAM OCS Ethernet monitor and control system
• Optional Dante Domain Manager™ (DDM) Networking and AES3 Digital input
• Neutrik® XLR input connectors, input and signal link
• Industry standard Neutrik® XLR and Speakon® connectors
• Universal power supply working from 90V to 265V AC
• ICL2™: improved Intelligent Clip Limiting
• PMS™: Power Management System controls the amount of power that the amp delivers under different circumstances.
• SSP™: SOA Sentry Protection effectively limiting the power that the amp could deliver into an incorrect load or to a direct short-circuit
• Faulty Channel Management (FCM™)
• Soft-start, turn-on transients, Over-heating, DC, RF, short-circuit
• Overloaded power supply, Mains overvoltage
|Bridge 4 ohm||1x6050W||1x8800W||2x4520W||–||2x6050W||–|
|Bridge 8 ohm||1x3200W||1x4600W||2x2300W||2x4400W||2x3200W||2x5900W|
|Frequency Response (power bandwidth ±0.25dB)||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz)||<0.05%|
|Intermodulation Distortion (SMPTE)||<0.05%|
|Damping Factor (@8ohm)||>500|
|Crosstalk (20Hz-1kHz), typical||>70dB|
|Voltage Gain||26 dB to 38 dB (0.5 dB steps)|
|Sensitivity (rated power 26/32/38dB Gain)||4.0/2.0/1.1V||4.9/2.5/1.2V||3.5/1.7/0.9V||4.8/2.4/1.2V||4.1/2.0/1.0V||5.6/2.8/1.4V|
|Signal to noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz)||113dB||115dB||112dB||115dB||113dB||116dB|
|Operating Voltage (50Hz-60Hz)||90 V-265 V AC|
|Power On Idling (@230V)||0.5A|
|1/8 rated power (@230V min. Z)||7A||10A||11A||10A||14A||13A|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||483×88.9x460mm – 19×3.5×18.1inches|
|Weight (Net)||10kg – 22.1lb||12kg – 26.5lb|
Protections: Soft-start, Turn-on Turn-off transients, Muting at turn-on, Over-heating, DC, RF, Short-circuit, Open or mismatched loads, Overloaded power supply, Mains Overvoltage, ICL™, PMS™, SSP™ and FCM™.
• AD Converters: Advanced multibit Delta-Sigma architecture, 24 Bit, 120dB Dynamic Range, 0.00032%THD+N
• DA Converters: Advanced multibit Delta-Sigma architecture, 24 Bit, 120 dB Dynamic Range, 0.00045% THD+N
• AES3 Input: 140dB Dynamic Range, 0.0001% THD+N, Sample Rate Converter (16 to 24 bit, 44.1kHz to 192kHz)
• Maximum Input/Output: +20dBu
• DSPs internal process: 56-bit double-precision floating-point
• Latency analog input: 0.6ms (2.67ms with FIR process)
• Equalizer: Custom FIR and IIR: Parametric (Q Adaptative or Constant), Shelving (Low/High, 6dB/12dB, Q variable), Butterworth (Low/High Pass), Low/High Pass (Q Variable), Band Pass, Stop Band, All pass (Q Variable)
• Crossover: Linear Phase FIR (Low/High pass, Band Pass and Custom) , Hybrid FIR-IIR, Butterworth/Linkwitz-Riley/Bessel IIR (6dB/oct to 48dB/oct)
• Delay: 4x 341.25ms (118m) Input and 4x 52.08ms (18m)
• Output Limiters: RMS and Peak Power (Ratio, Knee, Attack, Hold and Release times variable)
• Standard Signal Inputs Module: The V/W Series amps are equipped as standard with a Neutrik® XLR input doubled by other XLR connectors for linking purpose, per channel
• DSP_V/W: The V/W Series Digital Signal Processor is real time fully programmable through Ethernet, USB or directly from the front panel. There are two different versions: 4 Inputs/4 Outputs or 2 Inputs/2 Outputs totally free route configurable. Both versions include post-processor signal XLR output connectors to link the processed signal to another amplifier without DSP.
• Dante Domain Manager™ (DDM) Networking Audio Input: 4 inputs channels of Dante™ can be installed in the V/W Series equipped with DSP. Sampling frequency can be configured as 48, 96 or 192 kHz. Audio format is Dante Audio over IP and AES67 RTP. Two RJ45 connectors are configurable as 1 GHz/100 MHz for Primary/Secondary network, or standard switch.
• AES3 Input: Provides standard AES3 (AES/EBU) digital input using two input XLR connector in 4 channels models or one XLR connector in 2 channels models. It include a high performances sample rate converter to adapt any signal. You can select Digital/Analog input using the front panel Menu, where you can configure also the termination resistor.
• Ethernet LAN Port: standard RJ45 connector for Ethernet network connection. Using it you can control/monitor the amplifier and the DSP.