Pi is a multipurpose series of power amps for touring and installation applications, based on the legendary QuantaPulse™ switching mode power supply with an innovative class H 3 steps topology.
This series includes a completely renewed PMS™ which incorporates a set of protection systems in power supply and audio modules which works in real time continuously maintaining all variables of the amp within safe working threshold always. So, Pi amps are appropriate machines for the most exigent applications with the best reliability.
Pi amps have been designed with a non-symmetrical class H topology which allows working with very high voltages given incredible headroom and a great punch.
All these characteristics make Pi amplifier an interesting device to work with asymmetric loads to squeeze every last drop of power in each way of the sound system.
Pi series has an extra-large 4.3″ IPS display with capacitive touch panel whereby it is possible to control and manage every parameter of the amp and select all System Presets, Uses, User EQ and Snapshots created.
Also a powerful FIR DSP has been implemented in these amps with a software specifically developed for this series.
• Extra-large 4.3″ IPS display, capacitive touch panel user interface
• 64 bits double-precision 96kHz DSP process, and high performance 96kHz/24 bits AD/DA converters. See More
• Available versions with Dante™ Networking (AES67 and DDM compatible) and AES3 Digital inputs
• Two ports Ethernet switch for daisy chain connection
• USB port for firmware update and DSP control
• High voltage output for high headroom performances
• QuantaPulse™ SMPS
• Similar power per channel in any impedance
• RAM Audio advanced Power Management System to squeeze until the last watt for your speakers
• Exceptional power sharing in asymmetrical loads
• Powerful and fast response cooling system
• Industry standard Neutrik® XLR and Speakon® connectors
• ICL™: Intelligent Clip Limiting
• PMS™: Power Management System controls the amount of power that the amp delivers under different circumstances.
• SSP™: SOA Sentry Protection effectively limiting the power that the amp could deliver into an incorrect load or to a direct short-circuit
• Soft-start, Turn-ON Turn-OFF transients, Muting at turn-ON, Over-heating, DC, RF, Short-circuit
• Open or mismatched loads, Overloaded power supply
|Number of channels||2||2||4||4|
|Total output power||3000 W||5000 W||6000 W||10000 W|
|2 ohm||All channels driven||2x 1450 W ²||2x 2500 W ²||4x 1450 W ²||4x 2500 W ²|
|Single channel||1x 1450 W ²||1x 2500 W ²||1x 1450 W ²||1x 2500 W ²|
|4 ohm||All channels driven||2x 1500 W||2x 2500 W||4x 1500 W||4x 2500 W ¹|
|Single channel||1x 1750 W||1x 2800 W||1x 1900 W||1x 3000 W|
|8 ohm||All channels driven||2x 1100 W||2x 1600 W||4x 1100 W||4x 1600 W|
|Single channel||1x 1150 W||1x 1700 W||1x 1200 W||1x 1800 W|
|Bridge @4 ohm||2900 W ²||5000 W ²||2x 2900 W ²||2x 5000 W ²|
|Bridge @8 ohm||3000 W||5000 W||2x 3000 W||2x 5000 W ¹|
|Hi-Z 70V||2x 1500 W||2x 2500 W ²||4x 1500 W||4x 2500 W ²|
|Hi-Z 100V||2x 800 W||2x 2500 W||4x 800 W||4x 2500 W ¹|
|Max output voltage||144 Vpeak||176 Vpeak||144 Vpeak||176 Vpeak|
|Max output current||38 Apeak||50 Apeak||38 Apeak||50 Apeak|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0.05%|
|Intermodulation Distortion (SMPTE)||<0.05%|
|Voltage Gain||26dB to 44dB (1dB step)|
|Signal to noise Ratio||106dB||107.5dB||106dB||107.5dB|
|Operating Voltage (50Hz-60Hz)||170V-255V AC / 90V-140V AC|
|1/8 Rated Power (@230V, 4ohm)||7 A||8 A||15 A||16 A|
|Dimensions W x H x D||483x89x320 mm – 19″x3.5″x12.6″|
|Weight Net (kg-Lb)||6-13.2||8.5-18.7||8.5-18.7||8.5-18.7|
Protections: Soft-start, Turn-on Turn-off transients, Muting at turn-on, Over-heating, DC, RF, Short-circuit, Open or mismatched loads, Overloaded power supply, ICL™, PMS™ and SSP™.
* IEC filtered pink noise signal (40Hz-5kHz, 12dB crest factor). 230V AC mains.
¹ PMS can limit output to prevent excessive current draw tripping the mains breaker.
² SSP can limit output to prevent excessive heating.
- High performance 96 kHz/24 bits AD/DA converters
- 64 bit double-precision 96 kHz DSP process
- 0.85 ms minimum process latency time
- Custom FIR process up to 1000 taps
- Dante and AES3 input versions
Input Section (x4):
- Gain, Mute and Phase inversion
- Input Delay: Up to 114 meters (333 ms)
- Input EQ: 16 filters (Parametric, Shelving, LP, HP, BP, SB, AP)
Output Section (x4):
- Crossover Filters: FIR and IIR (up to 48 dB/oct, Butterworth/LR/Bessel)
- Output Delay: 0 to 31 meters (90 ms) per channel
- Output IIR EQ: 12 filters per channel (Parametric, Shelving, LP, HP, BP, SB, AP)
- Output FIR EQ: 20 filters per channel (Parametric, Shelving, LP, HP, BP, SB, AP), or Up to 1000 taps
- RMS and Peak limiter per channel
- Two ports Ethernet switch for daisy chain connection
- USB 0 Type B port
- 100 Manufacturer system preset memories library
- 20 User preset memories library
- 20 User snapshot memories library
- Manufacturer/User passwords
- User control groups for virtual Equalization, Gain and Delay
- Zones definition for library management and alerts information
- Smaart® analysis software integration
• Standard Version: Standard Pi amp is equipped with DSP (4 Inputs/4 Outputs real time fully programmable through Ethernet, USB or directly from the large frontal touch panel) and industry standard Neutrik® XLR input.
• Dante Version: Besides the DSP, this version of Pi amps includes Dante™ Networking, compatible with AES67 and Dante Domain Manager™ (DDM).
• AES3 Input Version: Besides the DSP, this version provides standard AES3 (AES/EBU) digital inputs, at any sample rate.
RAM_OCS DSP Control
DSP of Pi amps is a very versatile processor useful for any kind of sound system and configurable for any sound application possible.
High performance FIR DSP at 96 kHz.
This digital processor has Ethernet control and is controlled by means of RAM Audio own control software, RAM_OCS.
DSP management: RAM_OCS and Display
Two DSP levels of control: User and Advanced
User Level functionalities:
- Input Routing matrix Analog/Dante/AES3
- Input EQ section with 8 filters and 20 memories
- Input EQ Use section, predefined by the manufacturer
- System Preset selection predefined by the manufacturer (Locked/Unlocked)
- Snapshot library management up to 100 pre-sets
- Master Control Groups
Advanced Level functionalities:
- Input EQ Mode section creation, up to 20 presets
- Ways routing section (Locked/Unlocked)
- IIR EQ section: XOver, Gain, Delay, and 7 EQ filters
- FIR EQ section: linear phase XOver and EQ filters, or custom up to 1000 taps
- RMS and Peak Dynamic control
- Snapshot library management up to 100 presets (Locked/Unlocked)
- System Preset library management up to 100 presets
- 5 Security levels definition to limit final user functionality
Some display screenshots:
· Way Output Signal: shines green with signal presence
· Mute Button: mutes the amplifier channel output
· Output Channel Level
· ICL Indicator: shines when clip limiter system is working
· LIM: shows RMS/Peak limiters compression level
· T: shows the channel temperature (percentage)
· System Preset/Mode/Way/User ID Out names of current process
· Snapshot: shows the name of current Snapshot (if loaded one)
· Default Screen Icon: button to access to the Default screen
DSP Edit Screen
· Source Input: to select the analog/digital source input
· System Input: to select the input of each system
· User ID Input Label: shows the name assigned by the user
· User EQ: to select the input EQ User Memory
· Group Values: shows the control groups values (green if present)
· JOIN (optional): to join different outputs to a single input
· System Preset Selector
· M: to select the Mode EQ
· Way: to optionally select the output way
User Input Setting Screen
· User ID Input Label: shows the name assigned by the user
· User EQ Access Button (see 4.1)
· In: Input Level VUmeter
· GAIN IN: to change the input gain
· DELAY: to change the input delay (ms)
· MUTE: to mute input
· Rev: to change input polarity
User EQ Screen
· EQ Memory Name
· EQ ON/OFF: to Enable/disable User EQ
· On/Off HP 1-6: to access to specific filter and enable/disable it
· Type: to assign the filter type to the selected EQ
· FREQ: to assign the frequency to the selected EQ
· GAIN: to assign the gain to the selected EQ
· Q: to assign the Q to the selected EQ